
Hello - I've just been out to Lowood in the beautiful Brisbane Valley, with a group of motorhome friends. I frequented the area (Wivenhoe Dam) back in the days when two of my boys were rowers. That's Andrew in the middle in the rowing photograph. He and his crew were doing a training session on the Nerang River, and all the hard work paid off. In 1987 they were the Australian Schoolboy Rowing Champions!! But no rowing on this trip (although I did have a pie at Fernvale for old time's sake), just enjoyed long walks, dinner at the local pub, another dinner at the local showgrounds prepared by volunteers from the show society, the aerial entertainment put on as part of the 10K "fun run" between Lowood to Fernvale. Talked, laughed, drank coffee, played disc bowls and don't faint, but I even learned to crochet. A local farmer came last night with a ute loaded with cabbages, lettuce and pumpkin for us to share. So good to be out in the fresh air and enjoy country hospitality.







No comments:
Post a Comment