I thought I should go back and tell you about my 7th trip to Nice, then move on from there. I caught the bus while David and Susan were at work. The trip took longer than I had anticipated but only cost 1 euro and I enjoyed the scenery along the Cote D'Azur, through Antibes, Cagnes Sur-Mer and other places new to me. There was plenty to look at including a group of soldiers walking along the main street carrying machine guns (I had also seen this in Paris and Rome) but I have to say at no time in either France or Italy did I feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable as far as security and safety goes. Anyhow, I was fascinated by all the sights and took lots of photographs (some included here) but it got colder and colder to the point where I had to go and buy some gloves. Now everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE cold weather, so that gives you a hint of what was to come. It was freezing - and next morning we heard that it had snowed in the centre of Nice. In fact it had snowed in any parts of Europe and had closed the Eiffel Tower and Paris airport.










No comments:
Post a Comment