I'll never forget Christmas day 2009. We left Cannes at 8am and drove to Pisa.
Yes Pisa - to see the leaning tower (Torre Pendente) and all the other incredible buildings that make up Pisa's Campo del Miracole or Field of Miracles! The entire area is designated a UNESCO world heritage site in recognition of its ensemble of heritage architecture. Being Christmas Day we evaded many of the tourists who flock to see the tower that apparently flouts the laws of gravity. What a special place and lots of photo opportunities. We also did a walking tour of the town of Pisa itself.
Some of my memories from the day are stopping for fuel and coffee, above Monaco and looking down at that amazing view and the floods. Flooded roads everywhere as we ventured further into Italy and toward Pisa - there had been torrential rain a day or two earlier. Oh, and the greenest grass I think I've ever seen.



























No comments:
Post a Comment