Friday, January 1, 2010

Valbonne

We called into Valbonne on our return journey to have a look at the Noel Spectacular and the Noel A Valbonne Village. We've seen lots of these Christmas villages while we've been exploring and all have their own character, but the one along Champs-Elysees in Paris has definitely been my favourite. But Valbonne is the first one though, where I've had a chance to try SOCCA. David had kept telling me how much I would like it - a chickpea flour savoury crepe which is unique to a small area around here. We then followed it with a traditional sweet crepe (sold on nearly every corner). Susan and I had sugar on ours - David "Nutella". I've never seen such big jars of Nutella in all life as they have here - to spread on the crepes!!
The rain got the better of us in the end and we headed home via Mougin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valbonne is one of the 'hits' on our holiday THIS year so we will give these yummy concoctions of try. Will have to set up a blogsite before I go so that my family can see what I am doing!! Love Ange