Sunday, March 6, 2011

A photo a day - Day 65

Can't you tell by the photographs ..... we had a fantastic day.  Colby got it off to a good start by cooking brekkie for us all.  Then we headed down to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve which is part of the Australian Alps National Park and sits between Tidbinbilla and Gibraltar Ranges.  I particularly enjoyed the 2-3k walk catching a glimpse of a brush tail rock wallaby and a koala.  You will see that Dylan made an arrow out of stones so that other walkers would spot the koala snoozing in the gum tree.  Tidbinbilla caters well for visitors with plenty of gas BBQ's and some bush camping areas.
After a special Andrew cooked lunch, we headed further up into the Alpine area to check out Gibraltar Falls and Corin Forest.
Colby cooked breakfast for us before we headed "bush".










Special times with my family xx


Once we were back home and while Andrew was cooking a delicious vegetarian risotto, we played the latest game I took down to the boys "Three of a Crime".  I'd had this game stashed away for a while and waited till Colby was 8 to take it down to them.  In hindsight I don't know why I worried about him not being able to play .... he blitzed all of us and I was very impressed with his methodology and process of elimination skills.  Maybe you'll grow up to be a detective Colby - you were too quick and too smart for the rest of us!!

No comments: