Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A photo a day - Day 11

Today we are being told to expect the worst floods in Brisbane in living memory. Even worse than the notorious 1974 floods. We were the last flight out of Brisbane that year on our way back to PNG.
Now there is an even bigger threat, who knows what news we will wake up to in the morning.
I went down to our little creek at the back very early this morning. It's not very wide but its deep and like a raging torrent with incredible noise. I startled two wallabies as I approached to take a photograph.
Nothing much was achieved today. Too wet to venture out and a feeling of helplessness as I (and I hardly ever watch TV) watched the images of the devastation in Toowoomba, Grantham and Murphy's Creek.
Rob was supposed to go to Toowoomba today to house-sit for his son but that didn't happen as the Warrego Highway is cut and my guess is Travis won't get down from Toowoomba to catch the flight to Melbourne.

No comments: