Saturday, January 15, 2011

A photo a day - Day 15

I'm half way through the month! Only another eleven and a half to go!! I'm not feeling very confident about this 365 day photo challenge.
The devastation from the floods in still uppermost in everyone's mind. Teams of volunteers are everywhere and it looks such a relentless task. I would be there helping too if I were younger and more able bodied.
There are now 16 confirmed dead and 28 missing. Another 600 defence force personell have arrived to assist as well as a huge number of people from inter state. That makes 1,200.
Rob has spent the day gurneying the driveway - it was positively dangerous from all the rain.
I stayed home today - quite a change for me.
I am including a few of the Brisbane flood photograhs with this post - as a record. Obviously I did not take them. One is of the Rocklea markets and that will explain why there is no fresh fruit or vegetable in the shops.
Rocklea Markets under water.Brisbane Lord Mayor - Campbell Newman.

No comments: