Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A photo a day - Day 18

Brazil is also being ravaged by floods and landslides. The death toll there is 650!! I can hardly bear to think about that - especially in the wake of our own natural disaster.
I had a long overdue haircut today - it had been 8 weeks and looked like it - with the birdsnest of hair that I have!! If you are ever in the Mermaid area make an appointment with Tim at Gilston Four - its probably the only boutique salon on the Gold Coast. I stopped for a coffee at Vintage Espresso on the way home even though Tim had treated to me a good strong "shot" at the salon.
The heat has been almost unbearable today.
During the afternoon I deposited myself in front of a fan and tackled the PC - again!! After pulling it to bits a couple of days ago and having it up and running yesterday - today was a different story. I lost my paptience with it after a couple of hours!!
The Queensland floods continue to dominate the news and today the Rockhampton airport opened after being closed for 2 weeks due to the floods.
An additional 24,000 homes lost power in South East Queensland this afternoon due to a wild storm with very high winds. The weather has gone mad - although personally, I think nature is making up for the 10 years of almost intolerable drought.
Easy to see how hot and bothered I was today.

No comments: