Summer is well and truly here, and to make matters worse, the aircon died in the car today. I was hot and frazzled when I got home from shopping at Broadbeach. I went to Madisons for some of their giant lamintons ($6 each) for Australia Day and also bought some damper. I am getting lazy in my old age - once upon a time, I would have made it. In fact it was one of the things the boys and I used to enjoy doing when they were little. We made damper and rolled it around a stick - after cooking, we'd take the stick out and fill the cavity with golden syrup. Gooey, messy and yummy. They loved it!I had a nice newsy email from David today with some photos. I'll post one of the pics here of him with a friend they entertained on the boat on Christmas Day.













No comments:
Post a Comment