Monday, January 17, 2011

A photo a day - Day 17

Today is day 25 of the floods in Queensland. The death toll stands at 20 with 12 still missing. There are still many towns isolated, including Condamine and Dirranbandi. Police still have Grantham cut off from the public.
The Southport School staff, students and Old Boys have been in Brisbane helping with the clean up. I live on acreage only 5 minutes from Robina Town Centre, so that's where I did some shopping today. That's pretty well my local shopping centre. Back home I was enjoying the presence of the Glossy Black Cockatoo's right at the back door - feasting on the seeds in the casuarina trees. There seems to be an entire family of them. The Glossy Black Cockatoo is on the endangered species list and there is a number you can ring to report sightings. I'd be phoning every day - they certainly don't appear to be endangered in this neck of the woods.
Rob fiddled with the television aerial when he wasn't doing chores to clean up after all the rain. There has been no TV signal for a couple of days so when a friend of mine called in - both of them did a couple of experiments. Some new components are needed.
David phoned from France - we had a wonderful long conversation.

No comments: