Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Marche Forville

(04.01.2010)
My last day! I don't want to leave David and Susan and I don't want to leave France. After I have packed my bags I decide to visit the amazing fresh produce and flower market (Marche Fonville) around the corner for the last time. I have been here often during my stay buying fresh carrots, citrus, brocolli and whatever else I can for David to make all of us a fresh juice each evening. I also enjoyed buying flowers for Susan. I will have fond memories of this area as we often used to park the car adjacent to the market area as well. What a tight squeeze that was - I've seen people nudge their cars into a spot and we always had to pull the mirrors in so the traffic could get past!! Living in rue Meynadier in the old town area of Le Suquet of Cannes, had so many benefits as not only was it close to Marche Forville with the freshest of fresh fruit, vegies, local fish, cheese, olives etc, but I also used to walk past a boulangerie (bakery), a bar that served a glass of wine with three oysters, a caviar and smoked salmon shop. In the opposite direction from David & Susan's to Marche Forville was the famous Brun oyster restaurant where people opened oysters and prepared seafood on the street, all day and well into the night.
How could anyone not LOVE France?

No comments: