Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Palais des Festivals et des Congres

(04.01.2010)My very last visit although I will drive past this building again on my way to Nice airport. We see all the stars walk the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival on our TV every year. Surprisingly is quite a modern slab looking building - built in 1982. Locally, its known as the Bunker and stands beside Vieux Port at the western end of the Croisette. The opposite end to where Ludy is moored. Its surrounded by nice gardens and features many "stars" handprints immortalised in the pavement cement. People like film director Roman Polanski and many others. Four months after I left Susan said the word around town was that Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett would be walking the red carpet in 2010 .... and so they did. I took a couple of last photos before heading to my favourite little gift shop then to Nice Airport.

No comments: