Saturday, November 6, 2010

Monte Carlo

(30.12.2009)
David and Susan worked again today and although I had already been to Monaco a few times today I decided to take myself there . .. by bus. It only cost 1 euro each way and I had to change buses in Nice. You drive along one of the world's most beautiful coastal highways... in fact from what I saw, everything about Monaco is beautiful and after the Vatican is the world's smallest sovereign state. It only covers 1.95 square kilometres, and the Grimaldi's remain the world's oldest ruling monachy.
As you know, its a famed millionaires' playground and is about 950k from Paris, but really just down the road from Cannes ... around 40k. It's where the most beautiufl and prestigious hotel in the world is - Hotel de Paris which opened in 1864. Would James Bond stay anywhere else?

No comments: