The cake cabinet at Utopia was beginning to look a bit bare by 3.00pm today.
Last coffee's at Utopia for the weekend.
Waiting while the girls did some window shopping.
Horse training on the Bangalow showground arena.
I won the "Wear your heart on your sleeve" theme .... mmm nice Lindt choccies!!Most headed home today. Some travelled a fair way to have a weekend with the Gold Coast Drifters and Bangalow. Probably the furtherest away was Bribie Island.
This morning before morning tea, we had a "signing" lesson. Margaret and Malcolm have been members for a couple of years and Malcolm is profoundly deaf. Margaret is marvellous the way she signs all our conversations to him.
Surprisingly, I am the only person in the group who can communicate with Malcolm as I learned to sign at boarding school. I sign the old way though - having to spell out every word. It was good to learn some short cuts - and we will all need plenty of practise.
Surprisingly, I am the only person in the group who can communicate with Malcolm as I learned to sign at boarding school. I sign the old way though - having to spell out every word. It was good to learn some short cuts - and we will all need plenty of practise.
Three of us stayed another night which is a nice way to end the gathering. I took everyone up to Utopia and shouted them a coffee. It was very nice sitting in the airconditioning talking, till it was time for the cafe to close.







No comments:
Post a Comment